Crawl errors meaning in English
What are Crawl errors?
Crawl errors are errors that occur during the crawling process by a search engine bot or other crawler.
Errors could include DNS errors, server connectivity issues, or errors caused by the unavailability of a resource such as the Robots.txt file.
Crawl errors can occur for a number of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Resource being requested does not exist or has been deleted
- Server is down or experiencing problems with network connectivity
- Domain name is not properly configured (DNS) or has expired
- The resource is blocking bots/search engines or otherwise preventing crawler access (eg with a firewall)
- Robots.txt file is blocking the search engine bot or crawler from accessing the page or resource
It can often be important to address the causes of crawl errors, as left unfixed they can impact the ability of search engines to properly crawl, index and rank a website's pages.